Indonesean Cinnamon PorkFrom wmhaynes 7 years ago
- 2 lbs lean pork shopping list
- 2 lemons, juiced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt (sea salt is the best) shopping list
- 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup oil (I used soybean oil) shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, diced shopping list
- 3 tbsp fresh shredded ginger shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1/3 sweet soy (if you can't find, use 1:1 soy:molasses) shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- This is a really easy dish to make and incredibly tasty.
- Remove any fat from the pork. Cut the pork into thin strips. Toss the pork in the lemon juice, salt, and ground pepper.
- Pour the oil into a non-stick skillet at bring to a hot temperature. Saute the pork in the oil and add in the garlic, shredded ginger, bay leaves, and cinnamon stick. Saute until lightly cooked through.
- Add water, sweet soy, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Stir well and simmer for 20 minutes tightly covered.
- Remove cover and add a little water if it's already thickening. Stir well. Simmering it down until the liquid becomes a thick dark syrup. The meat at this point should be very tender and the liquid flavor filled! Serve and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Feel free to play with this recipe and experiment. I'm thinking it's hard to go wrong with these ingredients!
- Great with rice and veggies.
The Cookwmhaynes Simpsonville, SC
The Rating4 people
Wow.... your friend Rebecca needs to pass you more recipes. This is Great! 5. Thanks for share it.berry in Riverside loved it
WOW GREAT PICTURES AND A NICE RECIPE FULL OF FLAVOR.I LOVE IT THANKSminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
It sounds wonderful and your pictures have me drooling!! Thanks for posting!!nehmalo in ALTA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!