Very Special Liver And OnionsFrom herby 5 years ago
- 1 pkg beef liver ( maybe a lb or bit more ) shopping list
- salt, pepper shopping list
- 1/4 to 1 /2 cup milk or cream to liquify shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup baking mix or flour or enough to make a thick batter shopping list
- oil to fry shopping list
- onions fried up shopping list
- bacon fried up shopping list
- onions fied up shopping list
- optional; a brown or cream gravy shopping list
How to make it
- Place liver in blender with liquid and blend smooth.
- Discard any stringy parts.
- Add egg and flour and blend again into a thick batter consistency.
- salt and peper
- In a heavy duty skilltetr heat some oil and pour in mixture.
- fry golden and carefully turn to finsih cooking other side.
- 7Sserve with fried onion, mushrooms, bacon ad a gravy
The Cookherby Albany, NY
The Rating3 people
it does sound different but really quite good esp with the onions, mushrooms and bacon. Thanks for posting this; I just may try it!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Wow, this does sound very special! It's hard to find good liver recipes, as liver isn't that popular. Thanks for sharing this, I must try it! Do you know if I could use chicken livers instead of beef?juels in Clayton loved it
Yes sounds good, but i would choose a less strong liver, lambs my fav.
And yes i think chicken livers would be just delicious cooked like this.
5!!!lexdavies in Stafford loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!