Stouffers Apple Walnut Upside-down PieFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- 4 T. butter shopping list
- 1/3 c. brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 c. chopped walnuts shopping list
- pastry for a 2-crust pie shopping list
- 4 c. apples, peeled, cored and cut into 3/4" cubes shopping list
- 7/8 c. sugar shopping list
- 3 T. flour shopping list
- 3/4 t. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 t. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 t. salt shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter and add brown sugar; beat to combine.
- Spread butter-sugar mixture in the bottom of a 10" pie pan.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over butter-sugar mixture.
- Divide pie pastry in half; roll each half to 1/8" thick. Carefully line prepared pie pan with dough so as not to make holes in dough with nuts. Trim even with edge of the pan.
- Fill pan with cubed apples.
- Combine granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; blend thoroughly; sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Place top crust on pie and trim even with edge of pan. Price top with tines of a fork (do not slash with a knife). Seal crust edges and roll edges toward the center of pie. There should be no crust touching the trim of the pan. (Remember this pie will be inverted.)
- Bake at 375 for 50-55 minutes. Remove from oven (sugar may bubble out). Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen pie; invert onto a serving plate. Let stand 2 minutes. Remove pan.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.