Pesto-mozzarella Stuffed Chicken BreastsFrom watson2167 5 years ago
- 4 Organics Boneless & skinless chicken Breasts (halves; about 1 2/3 lbs. total), rinsed and patted dry shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup Pesto pasta sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup Perlini fresh mozzarella balls (or use larger balls cut into small pieces) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced Fire roasted red peppers shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct, high heat (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 in. above the cooking grate only 2 to 3 seconds; visit our Grilling Essential section for complete instructions).
- While grill heats, with a sharp knife, cut a pocket lengthwise in the edge of each chicken breast half, taking care to avoid cutting through to the other side. Season chicken pieces on both sides with pepper. Spread about 1 tbsp. pesto inside each pocket, then fill each with 1/4 of the mozzarella balls and 1/4 of the roasted red pepper slices. Rub remaining pesto over exterior of chicken to coat lightly.
- Place chicken on oiled cooking grate; cover gas grill. Cook, turning once with a wide spatula, until meat is browned and no longer pink in center (cut to test, but do not disturb filling)