Bananas With Custard SauceFrom zena824 8 years ago
How to make it
- Combine cornstarch and sugar in double boiler; stir in milk.
- Place over low direct heat; cook until mixture thickens slightly,
- stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot milk mixture into egg yolks; stir egg yolks into hot milk mixture.
- Place over boiling water; cook stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Chill throughly.
- Peel bananas ; cut into chunks.
- Place in serving bowl or individual dishes.
- Pour custard sauce over bananas.
- Whipped cream can be added as a garnish.