Jennys Hash Brown Casserole With Crispy Cornflake ToppingFrom jencathen 5 years ago
- hash brown Casserole: shopping list
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed I use the cubed kind not shredded shopping list
- 1 package cubed ham shopping list
- 1 can of corn or use peas. Can be frozen veggies too. I use whatever is in the house. shopping list
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup or whatever you have on hand. shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste, but I usually don't use any salt because the soup and cheese add enough salt to the dish. shopping list
- cornflake Topping shopping list
- 2 cups crushed cornflake cereal shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, Cheddar cheese, ham, veggie and seasonings.
- Place mixture in a large baking dish.
- Cornflake Topping
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, sauté cornflakes in 1/4 cup melted butter, and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake covered in preheated oven until hot and bubbly about 45 minutes.
The Cookjencathen TX
The Rating2 people
Cookin Moms348 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Southern Cooks552 members
Good Down Home Southern Food194 members
We Love It But134 members
Casserole Comfort130 members
Pot Luck Entertaining101 members
Mississippi Girls33 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
Southern Sassyness70 members