Chicken ProvencalFrom debwin 8 years ago
- 3T olive oil shopping list
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed (21/2lb) shopping list
- or boneless, skinless chicken thighs. shopping list
- 11/2tspdried marjoram shopping list
- 11/2tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 11/2tsp dried rosemary, crumbled shopping list
- 1/4tsp crushed fennel seed shopping list
- salt&pepper to taste shopping list
- 1lb mushrooms (button, portobello or shiitake) sliced shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2c chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2c dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2c chopped green onion shopping list
- chopped parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet heat 2tsp of oil over med-high heat. Brown the chicken in 3 batches.
- Return all the chicken to the pan and stir in the marjoram, thyme, rosemary, fennel seed and salt and pepper. Reduce heat, cover and cook for about 5mins. Transfer to a casserole dish.
- Add remaining oil to the skillet over med-high heat, add mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring until mushrooms start to brown.
- Whisk flour into chicken stock. Add to pan along with the wine and any juices from the chicken. Bring to a boil over high heat; boil until sauce reduces to about 2 cups, about 7-10mins.
- Add green onions; boil 1 min. more. Stir in chicken. Serve with rice and garnished with chopped parsley.