Fried MackerelFrom aravi_vel 8 years ago
- Whole mackerel - 8 medium sized shopping list
- salt - to taste shopping list
- lemon juice - 2 tbsps shopping list
- ginger - 2 inch piece shopping list
- garlic - 15 cloves shopping list
- rose petals - 12 petals shopping list
- red chilli powder - 3 tbsp shopping list
- turmeric powder - half tbsp shopping list
- oil - to shallow fry shopping list
- Coarse rice flour - 1 cup shopping list
- Lemon - 1 (for garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Make a small slit at the stomach and clean mackerels from inside and wash thoroughly.
- Make four to five quarter inch deep cuts on both the sides, apply salt and lemon juice. Keep aside for fifteen minutes.
- Wash and cut lemon into wedges.
- Peel, eash ginger and garlic and grind to a fine paste.
- Soak rose petals in a half a cup of warm water for fifteen minutes, remove the strain and keep aside.
- Mix red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, rose petal strain and salt and marinate mackerels in this paste for half an hour preferably in a refrigerator.
- Heat two tbsps of oil in a frying pan. Roll fish in rice powder and shallow fry in small batches, without overcrowding the pan, for two to three minutes.
- Turn fish, continue to cook on medium heat for two minutes or till mackerels are light brown and crisp, adding more oil if needed. Drain onto an absorbent paper.
- serve hot garnished with lemon wedges.