PerkedelFrom paucen 6 years ago
- 0.5 kg of shallots, peel off the skin & slice thinly shopping list
- 8 medium size (yellow) potatos, peel off the skin, slice thinly shopping list
- 2 tbs nutmeg powder shopping list
- 2 eggs - separate the white / yolk shopping list
- 300gr minced beef shopping list
- vegetable oil or olive oil to fry shopping list
- salt & pepper to season shopping list
How to make it
- Fry sliced shallots until it turns a bit brown, then set aside to cool
- Saute sliced potatos until it turns soft, and then mash them in a bowl
- Mix together the mashed potato with fried shallots, salt, pepper, nutmeg powder, minced beef and egg yolks and shape into palm-sized, flat round patties.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, enough to cover the patties. Dip patty into egg white and then cook the patties (in batches if necessary) over a medium heat for about 5min each side.
- Serve with warm steamed rice or with steamed vegetables