Roasted Mushrooms with Goat Cheese and Chili OilFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 8 cups mushrooms (combination of portobello or crimini, shiitake and oyster mushrooms), stems removed, sliced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots shopping list
- 1/2 cup chili oil (recipe below) shopping list
- 8 ounces goat cheese, cut into 8 slices shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- Chili oil- mix all shopping list
- 1 cup pure olive oil shopping list
- 2 ounces dried New Mexico peppers shopping list
- 1 ounce dried arbol chili powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ancho powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. I
- n a large mixing bowl, combine the mushrooms with the olive oil, garlic and shallots, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange the mushrooms evenly in one layer in a heavy roasting pan and roast for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the mushrooms from the roasting pan and place in a large baking dish.
- Drizzle with 1/2 cup of chili oil and top with the slices of cheese. Bake until hot, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with thyme, and drizzle with the remaining chili oil.
- Serve with lots of crusty French bread.