Banana Layer Cake with Cream Cheese FrostingFrom bluewaterandsand 6 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 large egg whites shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 2/3 cup (about 5 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- Remaining ingredients: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flaked sweetened coconut, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cake, coat 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray;
- line bottoms with wax paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Place granulated sugar, oil, 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract, egg whites, and egg in a large bowl; beat with a mixer
- at medium speed until well blended. Add mashed banana; beat well.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture,
- beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until
- a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes on wire racks; remove from pans.
- Peel off wax paper; cool completely on wire racks.
- To prepare frosting, place cream cheese and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar; beat at low speed until smooth.
- Place 1 cake layer on a plate; spread with 1/2 cup icing, and top with other cake layer. Spread remaining icing over top and sides of cake.
- Sprinkle pecans and coconut over top of cake.
- Store cake loosely covered in refrigerator.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating9 people
Oh my goodness - how sweet it is!! Thanks for sharing and hoping you are doing well.jett2whit in Union City loved it
wow love this cookin buddy thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
sounds delicious! thanksmagali777 in Mexico loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!