Korean Style Beef Soup-kalbitangFrom littlesponger 6 years ago
- 7-8 beef ribs, trimmed of fat, cut 2" long, shopping list
- 1 large brown onion, halved, shopping list
- 1 leek, cut in half. shopping list
- ½ medium radish,peeled. cut in half shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- 3 oz. transparent noodles, boiled, rinsed and drained, shopping list
- 2 green onions, sliced. shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Put beef ribs in a cold water to draw out blood from the beef about 1 hour.
- Place trimmed ribs in a large stockpot with enough water to cover and bring to a boil.
- Discard water.
- Add 3 liters of cold water and onio, garlic, leek, radish and bring to a boil, then simmer for 40-50 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, cool and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, remove any solidified fat and discard the onion, garlic, leek.
- Remove beef ribs and radish set a side.
- Cut the radish in 4
- Make a clear broth using the fine colander and reheat the broth.
- Return the ribs to the broth and add the noodles.
- Before serving, swirl in the lightly beaten eggs and sliced green onions.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.