Basic DoughFrom grizzlybear 5 years ago
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) very warm water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) active dry yeast shopping list
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons (50 ml) cooking oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) boiling water shopping list
- 1 large egg, fork-beaten shopping list
- Approximately 2 1/4 cups (550 ml) white bread flour shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle yeast over top. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir to dissolve yeast.
- 2. Stir second amount of sugar, salt and cooking oil in large bowl.
- Add boiling water. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in egg and yeast mixture.
- 3. Slowly work in enough flour until soft dough forms. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Knead for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place dough in large greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover with greased waxed paper and tea towel. Let stand in oven with light on and door closed for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until doubled in bulk. Punch dough down. Cover. Let rest for 5 minutes. Shape into 12 inch (30 cm) log. Cut into 12 pieces. Fill, shape and bake buns according to desired recipes.
- Makes 12 buns.
- To Proof Overnight: Knead dough and place in large greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover with greased plastic wrap and chill overnight. Punch dough down. Cover. Let rest for 5 minutes. Fill and shape buns as desired.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!