How To Make Thai Sweet RiceFrom watson2167 8 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl, add rice and water, soaked for about 3 to 4 hour or up to 24 hours, If over night, not use. Replace water and place in refregerator until use.
- Prepair plastic bag, place plastic bag over wooden container. (to keep the warm temperture of rice inside the wooden container until ready to eat.) Some people, use to have it without plastic bag, they usually place rice in the wooden container by itself and place it under blaket to keep it warm. That is old Thai tradition.
- In a long neck steamer add water, bring to boil.
- Raised rice, pour into steam basket, bring to boil on top of long neck steamer. Cook on low heat uncover for about 20 mintues on one side, turn to another side and cook for another 20 minutes. (how to turn rice when in steam basket, hole basket on each side, lift and flip the rice until cooked side up and uncook side down.
- When done, Stir rice to brake steam and pour in the wooden baged container, if don't have wooden container, you can use rice cooker to keep it hot until serve. If use rice cooker, do not use plastic bag.