Bubble And Squeak With Pea ShootsFrom lucyellis 8 years ago
How to make it
- Peel the potatoes then chop into small cubes.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of boiling water and cook for 15 minutes or until soft enough to mash. The smaller the potatoes are cut, the quicker they will cook.
- If you have left over carrots and leeks from a previous meal, they would be perfect in this recipe.
- Alternatively, peel and chop the carrots and leeks into small cubes and blanch them for 10 minutes while the potato is cooking.
- Finely chop the onion and fry in 1tsp each of butter and olive oil.
- Once the potato is cooked, mash it until smooth, add the onion, cooked carrot and leek.
- Chop the pea shoots finely then add to the mash.
- Mix thoroughly then allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil and butter in a frying pan.
- Take handfuls of the mashed potato mix and make into patties then fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Delicious served with cold meat, slices of ham or grilled sausages.