Zucchini and Pine Nut MuffinsFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- Muffins: shopping list
- 2c grated zucchini shopping list
- 3/4tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2c pine nuts shopping list
- 2c all purpose flour shopping list
- 1tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1c granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2c plain whole-milk yogurt shopping list
- 1/4c vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- Cream Cheese Frosting: shopping list
- 12 oz. cream cheese,romm temp. shopping list
- 1/2c powdered sugar shopping list
- 1tsp vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350.and arrange rack in middle. Butter and flour a 12 well muffin pan;set aside. Toss zucchini and salt together in a small bowl,and set it over a small mixing bowl to drain.
- Heat a medium frying pan over med. heat,add pine nuts and toast until golden brown all over,about 5 mins. Remove to a small bowl and reserve.
- Whisk together flour,baking powder and ginger in a med. bowl to aerate and remove any lumps;set aside
- In a separate bowl,whisk together sugar,yogurt,oil ,eggs and vanilla extract until evenly combined. Add dry ingredients and stir briefly unti justcombined.Squeeze zucchini mixture by the handful to release excess water,then add to batter,add pine nuts and stir till just combined(do not over-mix)
- Fill each well of the muffin pan halfway with batter and bake until a tothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean,about 20 mins. Set pan on wire rack and let muffins cool in pan 5 mins. Remove muffins from pan and serve.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Place all ingredients in bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment and mix over medium speed till light and fluffy,about 3 mins. Store refrigerated in airtight container until ready to use.