Garlic and herb stuffed chicken breastsFrom genna_gp 7 years ago
- 4 chicken breasts, with skin and bone shopping list
- 125 ml smooth cottage cheese (the thicker the better) shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 15 ml chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 30 ml chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 small lemon, juice shopping list
- salt and milled pepper shopping list
- olive oil and stock powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180 ºC.
- Wipe the chicken breasts with a damp cloth to clean.
- Mix the following 6 ingredients together and adjust seasoning to taste.
- This next bit sounds slightly tricky, it's not, just be gentle! Using your fingers, gently lift the skin away from the flesh on one side in order to create a pocket for the stuffing.
- Use a teaspoon or your fingers and ease the stuffing under the skin.
- Don't overfill the cavity, it'll just ooze out when cooking.
- Repeat process with remaining chicken. (If you're not averse to getting your hands dirty, rub any leftover cheese mixture over the top and bottom of the chicken.)
- Place chicken in an oiled roasting pan or baking dish.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle each breast with a little stock powder.
- Cover with foil (shiny-side-in) and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and roast for a further 15-25 minutes or until chicken is golden and juicy.
- For extra golden glow to the skin, place the breasts under a preheated grill for a minute or 2.
- Serve with a mixed salad and roasted baby potatoes.