Pork Chop Barley BakeFrom auntybea 8 years ago
- 1 cup medium pearl barley shopping list
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion and celery shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 4 tbsp. butter, divided shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
- 6 pork loin chops 1 " thick shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1 cup orange marmalade shopping list
- 2 tbsp. orange juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp. prepared mustard shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, saute barley, onion, celery and garlic in 3 tbsp. butter until barley is golden brown ad vegetables are tender. Add broth, orange juice, peel and rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35 minutes or until barley is partially cooked. Add pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 13 x 9" baking dish. In a skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in remaining butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange over barley mixture.
- Combine glaze ingredients; brush half over chops. Cover and bake at 350 F for 45 minutes. Uncover; brush with remaining glaze. Bake 15 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!