Florentine EggsFrom inmaculada 6 years ago
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil OR butter shopping list
- 1 10-ounce package ready-cut fresh spinach, stems trimmed (can use frozen, thawed) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 12 ounces smoked turkey breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (optional) shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup half and half shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional) shopping list
- toasted country-style bread shopping list
- . shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 1 tablespoon oil or butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and stir until wilted, about 3 minutes. Arrange spinach in bottom of 3 individual oven-safe dishes.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Mix in turkey if used. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Crack eggs open over spinach, spacing evenly. Spoon onion and garlic around eggs, leaving yolks exposed. Drizzle half and half over eggs and sprinkle Parmesan over. Bake until eggs are just set, about 15 minutes. Serve with toasted bread.
The Cookinmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
The Rating2 people
I was looking through the low-carb group and found this lovely recipe and just wanted to thank you for posting it.
Hope you are well!
Have a great weekend
Love Susan (sitbynellie)sitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
Comfort Foods770 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Mediterannean Cuisine135 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Low Carb111 members
Spanish And Hispanic Food142 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Anything Goes286 members
Breakfast Recipes123 members
Eat Those Veggies85 members