Zucchini BreadFrom bitsyskitchen 7 years ago
- 1 pound zucchini, ends trimmed shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, toasted and chopped coarse* shopping list
How to make it
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 375 degrees. Generously coat a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Shred the zucchini on the large holes of a box grater. Squeeze the zucchini between several layers of paper towel to absorb excess moisture.
- Whisk the sugar, melted butter, eggs, yogurt, and lemon juice together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice and salt together in a separate large bowl.
- Gently fold the zucchini and the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture with a rubber spatula until just combined. Do not overmix! Fold in the nuts.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs attached, 55 to 60 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes before unmolding onto a wire rack to cool for at least one hour before serving. (The bread can be wrapped with plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days.)
- *To toast nuts: Spread the nuts on a small baking sheet and toast at 350* F. until fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes, shaking the baking sheet every few minutes so as not to burn.
The Cookbitsyskitchen Beautiful Coast, CA
The Rating2 people
Great zucchini bread recipe. I happen to love squash of any type and I was looking for a zucchini bread recipe when I found yours. Thanks so much for posting the recipe and the pics to go along with it.chacha in New York loved it