Stuffed Chayote SquashFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
- 4 medium chayote or zucchini squash shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, optional shopping list
- 4 Italian sweet sausages, re¬moved from casings shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed shopping list
- 3 slices whole wheat or French bread, cubed shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese Italian oil and vinegar salad dressing shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.F
- Cut squash in half, lengthwise. Steam until just tender.
- Saute onion in the oil. Add garlic and parsley after onion is soft and transparent. Stir in sausage, breaking it up. Add rosemary. Cook for 15 min., pouring off excess grease.
- Moisten bread with the milk. Squeeze out liquid. Add bread and cheese to meat mixture.
- Scoop out squash, leaving a shell. Chop pulp coarsely. Add to mixture. Stuff squash shells, piling filling high. Place in lightly oiled baking dish.
- Bake for 20 min. until heated thoroughly. Drizzle with a little salad dressing. Serve hot or at room temperature.