Bears Rib EyesFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- For the sauce: shopping list
- 2 large dried pasilla chillies (about 1/2 ounce total), stems and seeds removed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds shopping list
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds shopping list
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 medium garlic clove, crushed shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 4 rib-eye steaks, about 8 ounces each and 1 inch thick shopping list
- extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- To make the sauce: Cut the chillies into 2-inch pieces and place them into a small bowl. Cover the chillies with about 1 cup of hot water and soak them until very soft, 20 to 30 minutes. Strain the softened chillies and place them in a food processor or blender (discard the water). In a small skillet over medium heat toast the coriander and mustard seeds until the mustard seeds crackle. Add the seeds to the chillies along with the remaining sauce ingredients including salt to taste. Process until completely smooth. Set the sauce aside at room temperature.
- Allow the steaks to stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling. Lightly brush or spray both sides of the steaks with the olive oil, and season them with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the steaks over Direct Medium heat until the internal temperature reaches 145°F for medium rare, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time. Remove from the grill and allow to rest for about 5 minutes. Serve warm with the sauce on the side along with a green salad and grilled Italian bread, if desired.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating2 people
Here you go again, making me drool. This sounds great. I love spicy food and I LOVE ribeyes. Great post. You have my 5. Keep em coming my friend.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Ooooooooooooo i like spicy it sounds terrific.........thank you grizz.....how are you??minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!