Pork Chops with Chinese Paprika SauceFrom mark555 7 years ago
- For the pork chops: shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seed, ground in a spice mill to make a powder shopping list
- 6 pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each), cut 1/2-inch thick shopping list
- For the sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 2 roasted red peppers, quartered shopping list
- 5 apricots (about 1/2 pound), halved and pits removed or 5 dried apricots shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest shopping list
- soy sauce shopping list
How to make it
- To make the pork chops: In a small bowl combine soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and anise powder. Place pork chops in a large plastic re-sealable bag. Pour marinade over chops; close bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a 2-quart saucepan place chicken broth, roasted red peppers, apricots, garlic, and lemon zest.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a blender or food processor, purée until smooth and thickened. Adjust consistency by adding more chicken stock to thin or using heat to reduce and thicken, as needed. Add soy sauce, to taste. Keep warm.
- Remove chops from bag; discard marinade. Place chops in centre of cooking grate. Grill 12 to 16 minutes for medium (160°F/71°C) or 17 to 20 minutes for well-done (170°F/77°C), turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Serve each chop with some sauce and jasmine rice.
The Cookmark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
The Rating4 people
Yummy. These look and sounds fantastic. Great post.chefmeow in Garland loved it
mark those look fantastic my friend ill be over for dinner !!!!! and i'll bring drinks and dessert hahahahahahahaahaha thank you have a good one ......minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Wow, talking about good lookin'...these chops have it going on. I just bought some pork chops yesterday and I have all the other ingredients, except the apricots. I suppose I could use peaches in a pinch? Thanks so much, Mark. :)lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!