Clays Old Fashion Strawberry ShortcakeFrom clay9bess 7 years ago
- STRAWBERRY MIXTURE shopping list
- 4 lbs. strawberries shopping list
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 3-0.32 oz. packetts of Dr. Oetker vanilla sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- SHORT bread shopping list
- Pre-heat Oven 425 degrees shopping list
- 2 cups All Purpose flour shopping list
- 4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter (3 Tablespoons) shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoon soften butter shopping list
- 6 tablespoon Melted butter shopping list
- 1 can whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse strawberries under cold running water. Drain in collander. Do not soak strawberries in water. Save 10 or 12 large strawberries for decorating the top of cake. Remove green stems with paring knife. Slice strawberries in small slices. Place strawberries into large bowl. Mashs strawberries with large fork or potatoe masher. Add sugars and vanilla extract. Stir well with large spoon. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Shift the flour onto the wax paper. Pour flour into 2 cup measuring cup. Add salt, sugar, and baking powder. Shift the flour back onto the wax paper. Return flour to the shifter and shift once, again. A total of (3) times. Add cut up pieces of cold butter (3 tablespoons) to the flour mixture. Using a pastry blender or two knives cut the butter into the flour mixture until it looks like cornmeal in texture. Gradually add the cold milk. Mixing with a fork to form a sticky dough. Sprinkle a small handful of flour onto the wax paper or bread board. Turn the dough onto the wax paper or bread board. Sprinkle with a little more flour. Knead the dough lightly, forming a ball. Now, divide the dough into two equal size balls. Roll one ball into a 9 inch circle. Using two tablespoons of the soften butter spread into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch cake pan. Place the 9 inch circle of dough into the buttered pan. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a small frying pan or skillet. With pastry brush brush the butter onto the dough (that's in the pan). Use the entire 3 tablespoons of melted butter. Now, roll out the remaining ball of dough into 9 inch circle. Place it on top of the dough that has beeen brushed with the butter. Bake for 15 Minutes in a pre-heated oven at 425 degrees.
- Remove from oven and separate the top from the bottom with a bread knife. Place the bottom half onto a large 12 inch serving plate. Spread the remaining 3 tablespooon of soften butter evenly onto the bottom half of dough. Add half of the Strawberry Mixture. Use a slotted spoon. You don't want to add too much of the syrup or liquid from the Strawberry Mixture. Now, Place the top half of the dough on top and add the rest of the Strawberry Mixture.
- Top with 1 can of Whipped Cream. Using a circular motion spread the entire can of whipped cream on top of strawberries. With the remaining Whole Strawberries use your imaginaton in decorating the top of the Whipped Cream Strawberry Shortcake. Enjoy!