Bruschetta with white bean puree and anchoviesFrom swedishchef78 8 years ago
How to make it
- Peel and chop the garlic. In a small frying pan, heat the butter and add the garlic. When the garlic is lightly browned, add the beans, reserving some of the liquid. Cook over medium heat until the flavors have mingled and some of the bean liquid has reduced. Salt to taste.
- Remove bean mixture from heat, allow to cool somewhat, and puree in a food processor.
- Slice the bread thinly. Rub the bread a slice of garlic and drizzle each slice with olive oil. Toast the slices of bread under the broiler until light brown.
- Spread some of the bean puree on each piece of toast. Add a slice of anchovy on top of the puree. Zest the lemon or cut some tiny, paper-thin slices, and add some zest or lemon slices on top of the anchovies. Garnish with chopped chives.
- Serve warm or cold.
The Cookswedishchef78 San Francisco, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!