Zahras Vegetarian GyrosFrom falafel_fanatic 7 years ago
- 1/2 Cup Chopped cucumber shopping list
- 1/2 Cup nonfat sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 Cup plain nonfat yogurt shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 Pound Vegetarian Ground Crumbles (Examples: Morning Star Farms, Boca) shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Whole oregano shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Whole thyme shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 (6-inch) pita bread rounds, cut in half crosswise shopping list
- 1 Cup Thinly Sliced red onion shopping list
- 1/2 Cup green pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded lettuce shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; mix well.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add vegetarian crumbles, oregano, thyme, and salt; cook until browned.
- Transfer mixture to a plate lined with heavy paper towels and pat out excess oil.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add lemon juice, and stir well.
- Spoon vegetable crumble mixture evenly into pita halves.
- Top evenly with onion, peppers, and lettuce.
- Serve with sour cream mixture.
- Enjoy! :-)
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookfalafel_fanatic Bardstown, KY
The Rating4 people
nevr had these sounds fantastic a must try thanks high 5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This looks so good!! I can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing :)aluminum_chef in Montreal loved it