Pauls Chicken Fried RiceFrom oklahomabears 8 years ago
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 8 ounces boneless skinned chicken breast, sliced into strips shopping list
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup bean sprouts shopping list
- 3 cups cooked, cold brown rice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rice-wine vinegar shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- red pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly beat egg in a small bowl.
- Heat wok or skillet up with 1 tablespoon oil and fry egg into a thin sheet. Remove to plate and reserve.
- Heat wok or large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp. oil. Add chicken, red pepper, and green onion. Cook 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Add bean sprouts. Stir and cook 2 minutes. Meanwhile combine soy sauce and rice vinegar in a small bowl.
- Add remaining tbsp oil in skillet. Add cold rice and stir well. Cook for one minute. Add the soy sauce and rice vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, dusting across the surface of the rice. Add Red pepper to taste. None for mild, a little for medium, or several teaspoons for hot. Reduce heat to medium.
- Take your turner and break up clumps of rice as finely as possible to ensure that the sauce is absorbed. Keep stir-frying until all rice is broken up and heated through.
- Shut heat off. Cut up sheet of egg into small pieces and stir into rice, or remove rice to serving platter and garnish with egg slivers.
- Note: Cold, leftover rice is best for this recipe. Feel free to experiment and substitute your favorite veggies such as mushrooms, peas, etc. You can also use white rice.