Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal BarsFrom falafel_fanatic 7 years ago
How to make it
- In large microwave safe bowl, combine sugars and corn syrup and mix well.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes; meanwhile, rinse the spoon off with very hot water.
- Remove bowl from microwave and stir mixture, scraping down sides of bowl.
- Return to microwave and microwave on high for another 2 minutes, or until mixture begins to bubble and boil.
- Again, rinse that spoon!
- Remove from microwave and add 1-1/2 cups peanut butter.
- Stir until mixture is smooth and combined.
- Add cereal and stir to coat. Pour and press into greased 13x9" pan, using back of greased spoon to press evenly.
- Combine chocolate chips and 1/3 cup peanut butter in small microwave safe bowl. Heat on medium power for 2 minutes; remove and stir.
- Return to microwave for another 30 seconds if necessary to melt chips.
- Stir until smooth, then spread over cereal mixture.
- Let cool completely, then cut into 36 bars.
- Store, covered, at room temperature.
- You can also make this on the stovetop; combine ingredients as recipe specifies, except cook over medium heat in heavy saucepan until mixture starts to bubble and sugar is dissolved. Continue as recipe directs.
The Cookfalafel_fanatic Bardstown, KY
The Rating1 people
Sounds wonderful! I think I have all of the ingredients on hand to do this one for the family cook out.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it