Laitues au JusFrom scearley 8 years ago
- 4 firm heads boston lettuce shopping list
- 5 oz smoked ham, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 carrot, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp minced fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 c chicken-stock.html">Chicken Stock">chicken stock or vegetable-stock.html">Vegetable Stock">vegetable stock chicken stock or Vegetable Stock">vegetable stock">shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Wash the lettuce and place th eheads, whole, in a large saucepan.
- Cook, covered, in a small amount of salted water for 2 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and let cool.
- Squeeze out any remaining water and pat dry with a towel.
- Cut each head in half, trimming the bottom if necessary.
- Place half of the smoked ham in the bottom of a greased casserole, and top with the lettuce halves.
- In a skillet, saute the carrots and shallots in the butter, oil, and herbs until they are tender.
- Top each lettuce half with the sauteed mix and then top with the remaining ham.
- Add the stock to the casserole and cover tightly.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the lettuce halves to a serving dish and pour the pan juices over them. Serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- scearley Federal Way, WA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookscearley Federal Way, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!