Fried Tomato ChipsFrom deliathecrone 7 years ago
How to make it
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Use a serrated knife to cut a large “X” on the bottom-side of medium tomatoes (each tomato will yield 4 peels).
- Drop tomatoes into water and let cook for 30 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove tomatoes.
- Let cool.
- From the center of the “X”, gently peel 4 intact skins from each tomato.
- Heat 1/4-inch olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat until bubbling but not smoking.
- Lightly dust the tomato peels with all-purpose flour.
- In small batches, quickly fry in hot oil, about 10 seconds each, adjusting heat as necessary to keep temperature steady but not too hot.
- Using tongs, remove peels fro oil, and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with sea salt while warm.
- Let dry for at least 10 minutes before serving.