Pea and Ham SoupFrom pip133 8 years ago
- 250g dried split peas, rinsed shopping list
- 1 cup bacon pieces (or 1 ham bone, or 1 meaty ham hock) shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 rib celery, plus leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 qt bacon stock, or hot water and stock cubes shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Layer the ingredients in your slow cooker, pour in stock. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook on High for 4 to 5 hours, or on Low for 8 hours, until peas are very soft.
- This recipe freezes well, too!
The Cookpip133 Melbourne, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!