Layered Salmon PieFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1/4 pound salt pork shopping list
- 1 pound salmon fillets skinned and cut shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup celery chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1 medium potato peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 pastry for double crust 9" pie shopping list
How to make it
- Cut salt pork into thick strips and spread evenly in bottom of a large casserole.
- Dredge salmon lightly with flour then arrange half the fish on the salt pork.
- Sprinkle with half the celery, onion and potato slices then season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out half of the pastry slightly thicker than normal to fit casserole.
- Cover potato layer with pastry cutting two large vents.
- Pour in water through vents until level with pastry.
- Layer with remaining fish, celery, onion and potato to taste.
- Cover with top pastry crust and again cut out two vents.
- Pour water in vents until level with pastry then bake at 350 for 1-1/2 hours.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!