Warm Apple-buttermilk Custard PieFrom kimmer 8 years ago
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided shopping list
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided shopping list
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions, fold edges under, and crimp. Prick bottom and sides of piecrust with a fork.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium heat, add apple, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes or until apple is tender, set aside.
- Beat 1/4 cup butter and 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Add 2 tablespoons flour and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Add buttermilk, beating until smooth.
- Spoon apple mixture into piecrust, pour buttermilk mixture over apple mixture.
- Bake at 300º for 30 minutes.
- Stir 3 tablespoons butter, remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake 40 more minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 1 hour before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookkimmer Dunedin, FL
The Rating12 people
Looks wonderful. Can't wait to try. Thanks a bunch! Have a great day.....pleclare in Framingham loved it
Wonderful!!! Will try this one for sure. Thanks, Laralara38 in Gulf Coast loved it
Sounds good, I love apple pies - thanks for the great post. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it