Organic Oatmeal Sugar CookiesFrom peetabear 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup organic butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable shortening shopping list
- 2 cups Domino Organic granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large organic eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 teasp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups organic rolled oats, finely ground shopping list
- 2 cups organic white or whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 teasp. salt shopping list
- 1 teasp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 teasp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup organic rolled oats shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups organic dried apricots, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups organic pecans, walnuts, or almonds, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Beat butter and shortening with sugar until light and fluffy.
- add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
- stir in vanilla
- grind the 2 cups of oats in either a blender or a food processor until fine
- combine the ground oats with the flour, baking powder, baking soda' and salt.
- gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture
- fold in the 1/2 cup oats, apricots and the nuts into batter
- drop heaping Tablespoons about 2-inches apart onto a lightly greased cookies sheets
- preheat oven to 375' F placing the racks in middle of oven
- bake 10 - 12 minutes or until golden
- cool 2 -3 minutes then pot on a rack to cool thoroughly before serving
- store in a airtight container at room temperature.
- makes approx. 48 large cookies
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating2 people
I always wanted to use rolled oats in my dessert.I think it is the right time.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
thanks Peeta for sharing a wonderful recipe...:} i will pass it on to my sister,i know she would really enjoy these cookies!!!
have a blessed day,my dear.........:}
Oops! hope you had a wonderful 10th Aniversary!!
Hope hubby spoilt yo...moremumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it