Party Tostones- Fried PlantainsFrom midgelet 7 years ago
How to make it
- Peel skin from plantains. Cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in some salted water and soak ten minutes..
- Before frying plantains, drain, pat dry and flatten by covering with foil and crush with bottom of a can.
- Heat oil in skillet and fry slices on both sides till golden.
- Remove and drain on apper towels before serving.
- Mix mayonnise and ketsup together and serve as a sauce for the plantains.
- A honey type of sauce may also be used
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
intersting, wouldn't normally know about these, grew up with a neighbor kid and had a chanhce to taste these many years ago. I remember a sweet sauce, must be the honey! Brings back memories!herby in Albany loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!