Zoes Meatless Spaghetti SauceFrom gardenladyzoe 5 years ago
- 1 tsbp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 c oatmeal, uncooked shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 sm zucchini, sliced shopping list
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 can chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 2 lrg cans crushed tomatoes shopping list
- sweet basil, to taste shopping list
- oregano, to taste shopping list
- garlic powder, to taste shopping list
- 2 cans tomato sauce, if needed shopping list
How to make it
- Warm oil in skillet and toast oatmeal well. Add onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and saute for approximately 5 minutes. Add zucchini and tomatoes and desired amount of spices. Allow zucchini to steam about 10 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce if desired. Simmer on low for about thirty minutes-an hour. Serve with your favorite pasta.
- * To give sauce a zing, add about 1/2 - 1 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes.
- ** The oatmeal gives the sauce a texture similar to meat, but takes on the flavor of the other ingredients.
The Cookgardenladyzoe Snyder, OK
The Rating3 people
This sounds fabulous. I love meatless spaghetti sauces occasionally and this one sounds really good and a great way to get those vegetables into the daily diet. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
my kind-a sauce-a! Yumjett2whit in Union City loved it
This one sure works for me. Fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it