BBQ Chicken PizzaFrom recipesrule 6 years ago
- pizza dough for 2 12" pizzas. shopping list
- 1-1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce, your favorite ( we like the honey garlic kind, Bull's Eye has a nice smoky flavor or Diana Sauce honey garlic) shopping list
- approx 2 cups cooked chicken, roughly cut up or shredded. Hubby has even gone and BBQ'd some chicken breasts(2) ahead of time for even more flavor- this is when we have plenty of time. I really like picking up a couple of roasted chickens from the supermarket deli and using the meat for various dishes in the week. Great when you're pressed for time. shopping list
- red onion, chopped or thinly sliced, as much as you like, a handful for each pizza. shopping list
- green pepper, same as for red onion shopping list
- 1 tin pineapple chunks, drained shopping list
- 8-12oz mozzarella cheese, grated shopping list
- for extra flavor and decadence, fry up a few slices of bacon for crumbling. This is entirely optional, but it tastes amazing! shopping list
- cornmeal for dusting the pans shopping list
How to make it
- Grease 2 12" pizza pans and dust with cornmeal.
- Press dough into each pan, pushing into edge for a nice rounded crust.
- Spread dough with about 1/3 cup BBQ sauce for each pizza or more if you like it saucy
- Pour a bit of sauce on the chicken, too, and stir to just coat.
- Sprinkle roughly 1/2 of the cheese on each pizza and top with the chicken.
- Next add the red onion, green pepper, pineapple, and bacon if using.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Preheat the BBQ on one side only on high. You will be using the indirect cooking method.
- Put one pizza on the top warming tray, and the other on the side the heat is NOT on. Close the lid and give the pizza a quarter turn every 5-7 minutes. Switch the pizzas around after about 15 minutes (up goes down and vice versa)
- Should be done in about 25 - 30 minutes.
- Once you have had BBQ'd pizza you may never want to go back to the oven again. It is fabulous!