Gluten Free Onion CrackersFrom lincolntoot 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour or light bean flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the flours, baking powder, salt, paprika, xanthan gum and sugar.
- Cut in the butter and oil until the mixture feels like coarse crumbs. Add the onion and water and stir into a ball.
- If too dry, add extra water by the teaspoonful.
- Place ball on oiled foil the size of a baking sheet. roll 1/8" thick, using plastic wrap over the dough to prevent it from sticking. Slide the foil onto a baking sheet and score into 1 1/4" squares.
- Prick with a fork.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before breaking into crackers.
- Makes 4 dozen