Chicken Enchilada CasseroleFrom mccello 6 years ago
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 C. Chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 C. each Diced Red, Green, and yellow pepper shopping list
- 1 Bottle of enchilada sauce shopping list
- 2 C. sour cream shopping list
- 2 C. Shredded Cheddar shopping list
- 1 bunch sliced green onion shopping list
- 1 tsp. cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp. each salt and pepper shopping list
- 4 C. shredded cooked chicken shopping list
- 12 6 in. tortillas cut into 1 in. strips shopping list
- 1 1/2 C. monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat olive oil in large saute pan
- Saute chopped onions for 5 minutes
- Add garlic and peppers to onions and saute 3-4 min until soft
- Add enchilada sauce to mix and bring to a boil
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl combine sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onion, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Layer 1/2 tortillas on the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour on 1/2 enchilada sauce mixture followed by 1/2 of the chicken and 1/2 of the sour cream mixture
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Combine Monterey Jack with cayenne pepper
- Top casserole with cheese mixture
- Bake an additional 30 minutes.
The Cookmccello Minneapolis, MN
The Rating2 people
I'm glad you got your hands on this recipe and shared with us. Sounds fabulous. Great post. You have my 5. Welcome to the site, you will love it here, it is very addicting and so many nice people.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!