Savory Blueberry Steak SauceFrom crabhappychick 5 years ago
- 3 T. unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 T. cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 c. sherry vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 c. ketchup shopping list
- 3 T. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 c. orange juice shopping list
- 1/4 c. molasses shopping list
- 1/2 t. dried thyme, or 3/4 t. fresh, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 t. dried sage, crushed shopping list
- 2 c. fresh blueberries shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and saute 3-4 minutes, until soft and translucent. Do not brown.
- Sprinkle in the cornstarch, stir to blend and cook, stirring constantly, until it begins to bubble.
- Add vinegar, ketchup, mustard, orange juice, molasses, thyme and sage and stir to combine. Add blueberries and stir.
- Raise heat to medium-high and bring to boil. Reduce heat to a simmmer and cook, stirring often, about 15 minutes until thickened and glossy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cool, transfer to a food processor and puree for 30-40 seconds, until very smooth. Serve warm with steaks.
- NOTE: When I make this next week, I intend to leave it chunky instead of pureed. Let me know what you think....I'll let you all know how it comes out!
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating3 people
WOW THIS SOUNDS GREAT LINDA .BOOKMARKED I WONDER IF YOU CAN USE BLACKBERRIES TOO???minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This is not something that I would normally consider but for some reason it sounds strangely compelling.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!