Chocolate Carrot CakeFrom fluffy24 6 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweented cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil shopping list
- \4 medium carrots, shredded coarsely ( about 2 cups) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans ( optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup sifted confectioner's sugar (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Into a bowl sift together flour, granulated sugar,cocoa powder,salt, baking powder and baking soda. In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat together eggs and oil on low speed until combined well. Add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in carrots and put batter in prepared pan. Bake cake in middle of oven for 50 minutes, or until a tester inserted comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a rack for 10 minutes and invert onto rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, if desired.