Crab StrudelFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, divided shopping list
- 3 scallions, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and picked to remove shells shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 lime, juiced shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 10 sheets phyllo dough (such as pepperidge Farm) shopping list
- 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a medium saute pan, add the scallions and garlic and cook over medium-low heat until the scallions are soft, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and stir.
- Shred the crabmeat into a bowl and mix with the parsley, lime juice, salt, to taste, and pepper.
- Add the crabmeat to the scallion mixture.
- Melt 10 tablespoons of butter in a small pan and set aside.
- Unfold 1 sheet of the phyllo dough.
- Brush the sheet with melted butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Repeat the process by laying a second sheet of phyllo dough over the first sheet, brush it with melted butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs until 5 sheets have been used.
- Spoon a 1-inch wide row of the crab mixture along 1 edge of the phyllo dough.
- Roll it up. Brush the top with butter and set aside. \
- Repeat the entire process using the all the phyllo dough and crab filling.
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Score the crab strudel diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces and bake for 12 minutes, or until the top is lightly brown.
- Slice and serve.