Pistachio Pudding Rocket PopsFrom girlieerin 5 years ago
- pistachio Pudding Pops Adapted from Krystina Castella's new book: Pops! Icy Treats for Everyone published by Quirk Books. shopping list
- Variations of additional Pudding Pops can be found at IcyPops.com shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 cups milk (Note: Do yourself a favor and use whole milk) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shelled pistachios shopping list
- green food coloring shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor or blender, grind 3/4 cup of the nuts to a paste. (Note: I couldn't get my pistachios to form a paste without adding a teaspoon or two of water).
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add the milk and pistachios and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat as soon as the mixture thickens. (Note: This took approximately 12 minutes for me on a gas stove).
- Stir in the butter until melted. Add the vanilla. Let cool in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Add 3 drops green food coloring and mix with a spoon to combine.
- Pour into the pop molds. Insert the sticks. Freeze for at least 8 hours.
- Remove from the freezer. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before removing the pops from the molds. (Note: Be gentle! I found that running the molds under warm water also helped to neatly loosen them).
- Read about more of my cooking adventures at ErinCooks.com