Chocolate Covered Marshmallows or Strawberries With VariationsFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- Variation # 1 shopping list
- 1, 12 oz pkg chocolate chips ( semi sweet) shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1 pkg marshmallows ( about 50 ) shopping list
- pretzel sticks or similar ( I used honey vanilla sticks ) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped nuts ( I use walnuts ) toast if desired shopping list
- Variation # 2 ( kinda caramel coating ) shopping list
- 2 cups chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces) shopping list
- 1 jar marshmallow cream (7 ounces) shopping list
- 1 package large marshmallows shopping list
- 4 cups peanuts or pecans, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Variation # 1;
- Melt chocolate with shortening ( I use micro )
- Blend smooth.
- Stick pretzel in center of marsmallow, dip or roll in melted chocolate
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Plaste on greased tray, not touching each other.
- When hardened carefully lift off with spatula to a serving place, again do not place touching
- Will last a day or two at cool room temp or air tight or refrigerated
- Variation # 2
- In a medium saucepan combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and marshmallow cream.
- Heat over low heat stirring until melted and smooth.
- Dip marshmallows one at a time in chocolate mixture and roll in crushed nuts.
- Place on a waxed paper lined tray to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Note: one may also dip entire marshmallow in chocolate but I like white tops to show. Also chocolate or colored jimmes are great decoration too!
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
now this is just what I would want to have at a party!!herby in Albany loved it
This is a great idea using the pretzel sticks!gapeach55 in Covington loved it
omg!! Very nice!!!!!a1patti in Salem loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb121 members
Chocoholics Anonymous154 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members