Chocolate Covered Marshmallows or Strawberries With VariationsFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- Variation # 1 shopping list
- 1, 12 oz pkg chocolate chips ( semi sweet) shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1 pkg marshmallows ( about 50 ) shopping list
- pretzel sticks or similar ( I used honey vanilla sticks ) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped nuts ( I use walnuts ) toast if desired shopping list
- Variation # 2 ( kinda caramel coating ) shopping list
- 2 cups chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces) shopping list
- 1 jar marshmallow cream (7 ounces) shopping list
- 1 package large marshmallows shopping list
- 4 cups peanuts or pecans, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Variation # 1;
- Melt chocolate with shortening ( I use micro )
- Blend smooth.
- Stick pretzel in center of marsmallow, dip or roll in melted chocolate
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Plaste on greased tray, not touching each other.
- When hardened carefully lift off with spatula to a serving place, again do not place touching
- Will last a day or two at cool room temp or air tight or refrigerated
- Variation # 2
- In a medium saucepan combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and marshmallow cream.
- Heat over low heat stirring until melted and smooth.
- Dip marshmallows one at a time in chocolate mixture and roll in crushed nuts.
- Place on a waxed paper lined tray to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Note: one may also dip entire marshmallow in chocolate but I like white tops to show. Also chocolate or colored jimmes are great decoration too!
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
omg!! Very nice!!!!!a1patti in Salem loved it
This is a great idea using the pretzel sticks!gapeach55 in Covington loved it
now this is just what I would want to have at a party!!herby in Albany loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb120 members
Chocoholics Anonymous153 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members