Pasta Pesto with smoked bacon and mushroomsFrom superhelmer 6 years ago
- 50 grams of butter shopping list
- 250 grams of button mushrooms shopping list
- 500 grams of diced smoked and cured bacon shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- Half a pack of fresh egg tagliatelle shopping list
- Two tablespoons of green pesto shopping list
- Grated parmesan shopping list
- Optional garlic bread shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- pepper (no need for salt, the bacon is quite salty) shopping list
How to make it
- Chop the garlic coarsely and fry quickly in a pan.
- Add the mushrooms and a very large knob of butter and loads of pepper and fry until golden. Make sure that the mushrooms gets fully coated in the butter. Pour out the excess butter half way.
- At the same time fry the diced bacon in a little bit of oil or butter and add to the mushrooms and turn the heat down.
- Boil the egg tagliatelle (should not take more than a couple of minutes, but put the water on at the same time as you fry the bacon and mushrooms.
- When the pasta is finished you mix in two tablespoons with pesto and then mix in the mushrooms and bacon. Make sure to add the pesto before and not after to preserve the taste of the mushroom and bacon.
- Finish with a little drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil and a good sprinkle of grated parmesan