WINE MARINATED STEAKS WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO BUTTERFrom fluffy24 8 years ago
- red wine marinade shopping list
- 2 cups favorite dry red wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil and balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 8 cloves garlic, roughly chopped shopping list
- 3 tbsp fresh herb garden rosemary, roughly chopped or dried rosemary if out of season shopping list
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes and kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 New York, rib eye or sirloin steaks, each about 3/4 inch thick. shopping list
- To make the marinade: In a medium bowl whisk together ALL the marinade ingredients. shopping list
- Sun-dried Tomato butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened. shopping list
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or sea salt. shopping list
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper. shopping list
How to make it
- 15. To Prepare the Sun-Dried Tomato Butter: Place the sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Add the unsalted butter, kosher salt, and ground pepper to the food processor or blender. Mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are evenly blended. Place the finished sun-dried tomato butter into a small serving bowl. Chill.
- To Marinate the Steaks: Place the steaks in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl, and then refrigerate for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, turning the bag occasionally. This allows your steaks to fully absorb all the robust flavors in this wonderful marinade.
- Remove the marinated steaks from the plastic bag and discard the marinade. Pat the steaks dry with paper towels so they beautifully caramelize on the grill during cooking. When done drying, allow the steaks to sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling.
- Pre-heat your grill. Grill the marinated steaks over direct HIGH heat until medium rare, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time. Allow the steaks to rest after grilling at room temperature for a few minutes before serving warm with a spoonful of the delicious sun-dried tomato butter on top of each one. Serves 4