Chili Cheese DogsFrom peanutt 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan shopping list
- 1 pound ground sirloin shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce -- eyeball it shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, a palmful shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 8 fat or footlong beef franks shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce shopping list
- 8 hot dog buns, toasted shopping list
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar, 1 (10-ounce sack) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil and meat and season with salt and pepper. Brown and crumble beef. Add Worcestershire, onion, garlic, chili powder and cook together 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce and reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, boil franks in shallow pan to warm through, 5 minutes. Drain water and return pan to medium heat. Score casings on dogs. Melt butter in skillet and hot sauce. Add dogs to pan, browning and crisping the casings in hot sauce and butter.
- Heat broiler.
- Place devilish dogs in buns and top with chili and lots of cheese. Place devilish dogs under broiler and melt cheese. Serve immediately.