Zucchini Cashew QuicheFrom nermalsmom 6 years ago
- 1-8 roll can crescent-style rolls (I used reduced fat) shopping list
- 3/4 cup cashews (you may wish to chop up slightly in your f.p.) shopping list
- 3 medium zuchinni shopping list
- 3 T butter or margarine, or your favorite EVOO for sauteeing shopping list
- 1/4 t garlic powder, or use minced garlic-in-a-jar like I do shopping list
- 1/4 t salt shopping list
- 1/8 t pepper shopping list
- 6 oz chunk Monterey Jack (reduced fat) cheese or whatever cheese you have on hand or use pre-shredded to save on time shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 c milk (I always use skim and it works fine) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees F.
- Remove dough from package and tear apart each individual roll. Line 9 inch deep dish pie plate with same, by placing points of the triangle in the center; pat dough together at seams to seal and smooth. (Get as fancy with the edge as you want, LOL!)
- Sprinkle bottom of crust with the cashews (slightly chopped if you wish)
- Medium slice the zucchini (use the F.P.! lots less work!)
- Melt butter or margerine or use your EVOO in a large skillet and sautee the zucchini until crisp-tender. Add garlic, salt and pepper and toss.
- Spoon zucchini over cashews in the pie plate.
- Process your cheese into 1/8 inch pieces if you have a chunk (skip this if you are using pre-shredded) and set aside.
- Combine eggs and milk in the F.P. (food processor) and mix well.
- Pour milk/egg mixture over top of zucchini.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes until set. (I use my trusty cake tester or you can also use a toothpick).
- Enjoy with a crisp green salad!
The Cooknermalsmom Dearborn, MI
The Rating2 people
This was excellent!!! I didn't use the crescent roll crust since I already had a pre-made pie crust, but otherwise I made it as is... it was so good!shelleycooks in loved it
Will definitely be trying this! All my fav ing's! Got my 5 just for the idea. Thanks for the postchezglenn in Torremolinos Malaga loved it