Chorizo Hash Breakfast SkilletFrom crabhappychick 8 years ago
- 1 pound red potatoes, whole, boiled until tender, cooled, diced into 3/4" pieces, or 1 pound frozen Potatoes O'Brien, thawed shopping list
- 3/4 pound chorizo, fresh, removed from casings shopping list
- 1/2 large onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- cilantro, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375. Heat ovenproof skillet. Add chorizo, using potato masher to break up into small pieces while its cooking. Brown. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Drain chorizo, remove from skillet, wipe out skillet and add olive oil. Saute potatoes until crisp and brown on one side; turn. Add chorizo mixture and mix well. Make 4 wells in hash, break an egg into each. Put into oven for 15 minutes or however long it takes for the eggs to be to your liking.
- Sprinkle with cilantro to serve.
- NOTE: These are really nice done in individual casserole dishes. Divide hash evenly among 4 casserole dishes, make well, break egg into each and proceed as above.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating3 people
Very nice recipe Crabhappychick. Guess I'll have a Bloody Mary too...(Peer Pressure) lol.turtle66 in Sacramento loved it
Ditto, what misterpeter said....and the bloody mary too....:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
well.. who wants to argue with the robot, it thinks i'll love this dish so i will do as it says. i love breakfast recipies that finish in the oven. and this is a sausage and eggs with honefries that i can get behind in a big way. easy, quick and i ca...moremisterpeter in Southwest Harbor loved it