Chorizo Hash Breakfast SkilletFrom crabhappychick 5 years ago
- 1 pound red potatoes, whole, boiled until tender, cooled, diced into 3/4" pieces, or 1 pound frozen Potatoes O'Brien, thawed shopping list
- 3/4 pound chorizo, fresh, removed from casings shopping list
- 1/2 large onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- cilantro, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375. Heat ovenproof skillet. Add chorizo, using potato masher to break up into small pieces while its cooking. Brown. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Drain chorizo, remove from skillet, wipe out skillet and add olive oil. Saute potatoes until crisp and brown on one side; turn. Add chorizo mixture and mix well. Make 4 wells in hash, break an egg into each. Put into oven for 15 minutes or however long it takes for the eggs to be to your liking.
- Sprinkle with cilantro to serve.
- NOTE: These are really nice done in individual casserole dishes. Divide hash evenly among 4 casserole dishes, make well, break egg into each and proceed as above.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating3 people
well.. who wants to argue with the robot, it thinks i'll love this dish so i will do as it says. i love breakfast recipies that finish in the oven. and this is a sausage and eggs with honefries that i can get behind in a big way. easy, quick and i ca...moremisterpeter in Southwest Harbor loved it
Ditto, what misterpeter said....and the bloody mary too....:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Very nice recipe Crabhappychick. Guess I'll have a Bloody Mary too...(Peer Pressure) lol.turtle66 in Sacramento loved it