Taco seasoned steak black beans and riceFrom just_mike 6 years ago
How to make it
- Begin by cutting a thin steak like a top round into small strips about 1/4 inch wide by 1/4 inch long or whatever you think will make nice bite sizes.
- Bring water for brown rice to a boil and cook according to directions on the box. The kind I get boils for 5 min then sits off heat for 5 minutes.
- Cook steak bits in a skillet over medium high heat until brown and thoroughly cooked.
- Add taco seasoning to steak with 1/2 cup of water, stir well and bring to a boil. Most taco seasoning labels say to then let simmer for 10 minutes, but let it only simmer for 5 to keep it a little more moist.
- Drain out excess water from can of black beans and heat beans on medium heat while steak simmers.
- When all three are done, mix them together for a nice meal.
The Cookjust_mike Ft Mitchell, KY
The Rating2 people
What kind of brown rice do you make that only takes 10 minutes to cook? I like the recipe, by the way!auntybea in Vernon loved it
This was great! My family loved it! I cooked the brown rice in a rice cooker. I used chicken broth and tomato juice for the liquid, and added diced tomatoes 1/2 way through cooking. Then I served the meat mixed with the beans and sauce on top of t...moredebbiemrosa in Pleasanton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!